CANCELLED - Attending & Presenting at Child Protection Conferences & Core Group Meetings
Date & Time:
Attending & Presenting at Child Protection Conferences & Core Group Meetings
To develop and enhance participants’ understanding of child protection conferences (particularly the Strengthening Families model used in Royal Greenwich) and working with a child protection plan as a member of the core group
Target Group: Groups 3 - 5 Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns
Aims & Objectives: By the end of this half day course the participants will be able:
- To prepare for a child protection conference and core group by being aware of relevant expectations, standards and responsibilities.
- To understand the conference and core group process.
- To develop confidence in participating in conferences and core groups, valuing own expertise contributing to effective outcomes.
- To make contributions and participate in child protection conferences and core groups in a non-discriminatory and non-judgemental manner.
- To address issues arising from parents, family members and children attending conferences and core groups.
- To understand the criteria for making a Child Protection Plan, to link the Child Protection Plan to evidence based practice and to understand how it is used as a tool to safeguard the child and minimise risk
- to keep the child in focus throughout.
The Woolwich Centre is opposite the Town Hall, with the entrance on Wellington Street.
North Greenwich then bus 422, 161, 472
There is Multi-storey car parking in Calderwood St and Meter parking