Working with Child Sexual Abuse
Date & Time:
Child Sexual Abuse
To develop skills and knowledge when practicing with the complexity of child sexual abuse.
Target Group: Groups 4 - 5 Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries, including professionals from health, education, police and children’s social care; those who work with complex cases and social work staff responsible for co-ordinating assessments of children in need. Professional advisors, named and designated lead professionals.
Aims & Objectives: By the end of this one day course participants will have:
- Developed a knowledge base on sexual abuse, based on studies, research and effective practice
- Considered how perpetrators operate and how abuse occurs
- Improved their understanding of the non abusing carer’s response to the abuse
- Gained insight into why children and young people have difficulty disclosing the abuse and the impact of sexual abuse on children and young people
- Considered how to intervene and assess children who have or may have been sexually abused
Booking has now closed for this event.
The Town Hall is opposite the Woolwich Centre, with the entrance on Wellington Street. Disabled access.
Train: Woolwich Arsenal
DLR: Woolwich Arsenal
Tube: North Greenwich then bus 422, 161, 472
Parking: Multi-storey car parking in Calderwood St and Meter park