Understanding Adolescent Mental Health: Implications for Practice & Improving Emotional Well-being On-Line Workshop
Date & Time:
Understanding Adolescent Mental Health: Implications for Practice & Improving Emotional Well-being WEBINAR
This course will address the increasing rate of emotional distress and mental ill health among adolescents .The focus will be to increase knowledge of the risk factors which contribute to emotional disorders, associated behaviours and effects on psychological, social and cognitive developments. Finally, identifying strategies to improve the emotional well-being of young people.
This one day Virtual Webinar will help professionals to:
- Understand the prevalence of adolescent mental illness and the different clinical and social presentations of emotional distress among young people
- Identify antecedent factors and early significant traumas which contribute to adolescent mental distress.
- Explore the impact of domestic violence, parental mental illness and substance misuse and role of carers on the emotional wellbeing of adolescents.
- Examine the role of gender, culture and sexual identity in the development of adolescent mental distress among vulnerable young people .
- Explore the experiences of young people from BME communities identifying specific social and cultural experiences
- Examine different models for holistic assessment and strategies for intervening to improve young people’s mental well-being and reducing the risk of harm
Target Group: Groups 3 – 5 Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns
- ducing risk of harm