Safeguarding Children: 1/2 day Basic Induction Refresher WEBINAR
Date & Time:
Safeguarding Children: 1/2 day Basic Induction Refresher Webinar
An interactive webinar to support professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
To ensure continued awareness of, and the ability to act on, concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people
Before applying for this workshop, please note the following conditions:
Webinar/ Virtual Training, Please note that these training sessions will use the ZOOM app. Once registered, you will be sent, nearer the date, a link for you to download the FREE app and further instructions of how to access the training.
Target Group: Group 1 Staff in infrequent contact with children, young people and/or parents/carers who may become aware of possible abuse or neglect. Examples: Librarians, GP receptionists, community advice centre staff, groundsmen, recreation assistants, environmental health officers, hospital support staff, and receptionists, volunteers and new starters to Childrens Workforce.
Aims & Objectives: By the end of this half day course participants will be reminded of:
- Some basic information and background about the legislative framework
- How personal values and attitudes can influence the safeguarding process
- Signs and symptoms of child abuse
- What to do if they have concerns a child is being abused
- Their role in referral processes and information sharing
- How to make a referral and what to expect from Children’s Social Care