Attending & Presenting at Child Protection Conferences & Core Group Meetings WEBINAR
Date & Time:
Attending & Presenting at Child Protection Conferences & Core Group Meetings Webinar
To develop and enhance participants’ understanding of child protection conferences (particularly the Strengthening Families model used in Royal Greenwich) and working with a child protection plan as a member of the core group
An interactive webinar to support professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
Before applying for this workshop, please note the following conditions:
Webinar/ Virtual Training, Please note that these training sessions will use the ZOOM app. Once registered, you will be sent, nearer the date, a link for you to download the FREE app and further instructions of how to access the training.
Target Group: Groups 3 - 5 Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns
Aims & Objectives: By the end of this half day course the participants will be able:
- To prepare for a child protection conference and core group by being aware of relevant expectations, standards and responsibilities.
- To understand the conference and core group process.
- To develop confidence in participating in conferences and core groups, valuing own expertise contributing to effective outcomes.
- To make contributions and participate in child protection conferences and core groups in a non-discriminatory and non-judgemental manner.
- To address issues arising from parents, family members and children attending conferences and core groups.
- To understand the criteria for making a Child Protection Plan, to link the Child Protection Plan to evidence based practice and to understand how it is used as a tool to safeguard the child and minimise risk
- to keep the child in focus throughout.