Young Peoples Mental Health First Aid (A four part virtual training session)
Date & Time:
Young Peoples Mental Health First Aid
This course is a blend of live training sessions and self-learning activities. Delivered by MHFA England Instructors, this course has been designed to teach delegates the practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues and gain confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
This online course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Webinar/ Virtual Training, Please note that these training sessions will use the ZOOM app. Once registered, you will be sent, nearer the session date, an invite that includes a link for you to download the FREE app and further instructions of how to access the training.
Please make sure you can attend all 4 live workshops prior to booking onto this course.
Self-directed learning: activities will be provided to delegates, which can be completed at an individual’s own pace prior to each online live session.
Course requirements: You will need internet access, and PC/laptop with video & audio connection. We will contact you before the event to give you support in joining the virtual classroom.
All course materials are sent to delegates via Royal Mail so please book your place at least 10 days before the training date so we can guarantee you receive your materials in time. On completion you will be a certified Mental Health First Aider.